Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Red or Black Sleeve?

726 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  ddhotbot
I just installed Brookie's trigger kit. Which sleeve, red or black, will remove the most takeup and creep? I installed the red sleeve with the next to the heaviest spring. Ended up with a 20 oz trigger. I still have noticeable creep and takeup. Will the black sleeve improve that or just make it worse. Don't construe what I've said to be a complaint, it's still much improved. Just hoping to find a way to perfect it.
Thanks--
Mike
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
321 Posts
Sleeve

The thicker the material the sleeve is made of=the least amount of creep.I believe the red one has the thickest walls.:t

· Registered
978 Posts
The red sleeve takes up the most creep. Its wall thickness is about 0.018 where the black one is 0.014 inches.

For more tunability you might check out the adjustable sear made by another poster on this board - btomkins or btompkins. On Brownells website a search for "cz 452" should find it.

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info

Sounds like the aluminum tape may be the easy fix. Is it available at most hardware stores? Or is it a specialty item? I have thought about the adjustable sear, just saving the most expensive fix 'til last.
Thanks again,
Mike

· Registered
1,556 Posts
Aluminium tape

Hi Mike,

I think you'll be able to find the aluminium tape at virtually any good hardware store ... it is generally sold as "Furnace Tape", and is used for sealing the joints in ductwork on typical forced-air heating systems. It comes in rolls, just like regular fabric duct tape, so you'll have enough left over after doing this modification for approximately 3,563,485 more rifles.

Regards,
Bryan - The Fuzzy Limey

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bryan--
Thanks for the info. Sounds like a trip to Ace Hardware this weekend.
Mike

· Registered
1,870 Posts
I was able to get out virtually all of my creep with the red sleve and boy, is it ten times better. Have a crisp pull just under 2 lbs. and i was aiming for two and I hit it with the second to largest spring. Thanks to brookie's economical trigger kit I saved quite a bit by not having to get the sear from brownell's.

· Registered
256 Posts
just installed brooks kit in my ultra lux, what a difference!!i used the red sleeve and the second heavy spring.i dont have a trigger gauge but its really light.i might try the heaviest spring and see if its a little better.great job brook !!,don

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.