Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Exhausting my resources looking for the right set up for my MK II 4 3/4 tapered barrel. Would like a rail mount system like B Square has but they don't make it for the short barrel. So Low has one ( might even be made by B Square) that looks good but I'am not sure I want to clamp it to the barrel. Might scratch it or worst, leave dings. Another poss. is Aimtechs mount that replaces the right grip. Does anyone use these? Do they hold the scope securely? I like the fact that you can still use iron sights with it. Any help appriciated. Thanks, Mducote

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Mducote
I got a SoLow and trust me it won't scratch your barrel. It's made of Aluminum and uses an adhesive padding between the barrel and the mount. I just put one on a brand new Mark II. (1 Week old)
It is almost self aligning to zero so sighting in is easy. Removal leaves no marks on the barrel what so ever. If you decide to order one, The order line on their web site has been disconnected so call the message/fax line and leave Dan a message to call you or e-mail him.
It's the only mount I'll use on my Mark II's because of the easy of install/removal. Hope this helps. Bill :t

·
Registered
400 Posts
Wiegand Combat

makes a mount that replaces the rear dovetail -- no drilling or tapping or clamping necessary. Mine has been in place for several years, and is rock solid. I think I got mine from Brownells, but it might have been Midway.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Thanks, Cawdor!

That's the mount I have. Weigand is also a great company to deal with. When I first mounted the thing, I broke one of the screws through my own incompetence, and they sent me a whole new set, postage paid!:t

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.