Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me any more about the standard carbine with the red and grey laminated stock. Are they rare? When were they made? Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I saw one advertised . . .

There's a sporting good store in Athens, Georgia called "Franklins". There were selling the Red & Black carbine back in the summer of 2003. It supposedly was a special run for that store (according to them). If that is true, this model should be pretty rare. Here's a link to their web site. Franklin's You might call them to see if they can give you more details.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I hve a 1996 Laminated socked Ruger ith a williams peep sight, I called ruger ith the serial # and they told me it was a Dealer exclusive but would not give me the dealer info. I like the uniqueness if the stndaerd stock shoap with some color and the peep is great

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
That is a great looking rifle! :t I think it is different from the one referenced above. The rifle that Franklin's was selling was a standard carbine stock. The laminate color looked similar to the red & black laminate that EABCO / Revival is currently marketing.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is nice but no it is not the same one. I'm talkin' light grey and fire engine red.
gsonnenmd, that does look like a standard carbine stock to me.
Read the sad story about the red rifle in the other tread in "factory stocks"

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I believe the one you're talking about was a special run made for a particualr shop to commemmorate the local high school coach retiring. the colors were that of the high school sports teams colors. Not sure about the amount made but proberly not more than 1000.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey guys, im new to this site and thought id chime in here. Last year for my graduation my stepdad bought me a RUger 10/22 with the grey and bright red stock that youre talking about. he also bought one for himself. the guy at our local gunshop said that 300 were made in that color last year. if i had my digital camera id take a pic but i dont.i think i have what AFshooter is talking about. o and ours also have stainless steel barrels.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The one here was blued. Did yours come with sling swivel studs? I am not really in to the red look but I am always interested in short run collectables. I had a chance to get one at 20% off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.