Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,
I received my new 1710D HW meistergrade
today. I was forwarned that the meister upgrade was not worth the x-tra bucks.
The wood is mechanically good, but, not particularly pretty. I bought the Anschutz
for their reputation for accuracy. The test target measures .331" for 10 rds.
I won't get rings to mount the scope until
Monday. I'll post my results.
I'm comparing it to a Kimber Classic using the same scope on both. The Kimber test
target was .340 for 5 rds. My average is closer to .5" The Anschutz metal is much more impressive than the Kimber.
I know I'm not really comparing Equals,
but I'm having fun . Sure hope I can hit flies at 50 yds.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Paul: I've heard the same thing about the meistergrade. Mine is a standard grade and the wood is pretty good. The prettiest stocks I have seen on anschutz's is on the older ones from the 70's. The workmanship is a little better on the older ones too but the trigger on the new one is better in my oppinion. You have lots of options with it.

My 1710 has the monte carlo stock. I have shot some .25 groups with mine but the toughest thing for me is to get the thing to recoil consistantly on the bench with that stock. Personally I think my rifle will shoot .25" pretty easily but the darn thing bounces every which way when it goes off. I am no bench shooter though. I mostly shoot mine offhand and from that position the rifle accuracy is the least of my worries.

Considering the total package- workmanship, trigger, action, accuracy, etc, you now have the best sporter available.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.