Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of buying a new 10/22. I want to do the heavy barrel and stock change. I am trying to keep my outlay of cash to a minimum. I was going to see if I could trade the new stock and barrel taken off the 10/22 for a Hogue stock. Would it be reasonable to expect the original stock and barrel to worth a Hogue stock?

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
NO, unless you are a better trader than I. Take a look at the walmart special if your wanting to save money, you could use tech original stock (it will keep the gun light made from birch) and the 22" barrel will command a premium over other 10/22 barrels. I guess you could come up with an ultimate for around $250 using the walmart special as a start, sell the 22" barrel new unfired on ebay around $60, put 50 or so with it and get a GM barrel you would be all set. The walmart special is a nice gun like it is also, and you could easily get a GM factory taper barrel that will "almost" drop into the stock with a little work you would have a ultimate and keep everything to go back stock in case you decide that. Check the local pawn shops for a used 10/22, all you want is the action anyway.

Clint

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
There is just so many of them... I would say $25 shipped for both and that includes the barrel band. I have one around here, it's claimed already, I gave it away (stock) Take a look at ebay, they are many listed, and prices are normaly cheap, for what they bring you might just stick it back in case you want to go back original in the future.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Maybe $10+shipping for the stock, maybe $20+shipping for the barrel off a standard 10/22. I've seen them go for much less though. I really wouldn't expect to get more than $30 shipped for both, and as Clint said, $25 shipped is fair.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
go on ebay and look under com pleted auctions. look and see what ones actaully were won and what they were priced at. (check cost and shipping amounts) That'll give a good idea as to what you could get out of them. I recently sold my stcok and bbl on ebay for around $50 total shipped for both.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Yea the factory carbine stock and barrel won't bring you very much cash.
To get the most out of your hard earned cash............I suggest buying the Wally World special. Then send the complete barreled receiver (no stock) to Randy at CPC. He will do all the upgrades for you for $168 (I believe that's the right price) Reworks the bolt, trigger job with auto bolt release and extended mag release, reworks the barrel to shoot on par with aftermarket match barrels.
Best bang for the buck IMHO

swampf0x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.