Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I was wondering if it was possible to put one of those flip up sights on a Henry rifle? I've always thought it would be neat to have something I could just flip up and look all old timey cowboy. :p ;) I know we wouldn't be able to use all the lines out to 600 yrds, but it would still be neat. Brownelle's (? sp) has some for the Uberti Henry's and I was wondering if I could possibly remove the rear sight and just slip one in. Please let me know what you all think, and if you think it can even be done. Thanks
Aaron

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Do a Google search on 'Marbles tang sight'. I have one on a Marlin 39, and I love it. They make a model for the Henry too. It may take a gunsmith to install it though - it requires drilling the tang. They aren't cheap, but they are top quality!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bigdog, thanks for your reply, but I'm not exactly looking for a tang sight. After a little search I figured out the exact name of the sight, a ladder sight. I just think it would be neat to have one on my Henry and still wonder if it could be done. You know, remove the rear sight and install one of these ladder sights. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
22rimfan said:
I figured out the exact name of the sight, a ladder sight.
Like the one Augustus had on his rifle when he held off the renegades in "Lonesome Dove" and made that 1,000 yard shot.

I doubt anyone makes them, but you might be able to adapt an old military sight. Still pricey and the marking would not correspond with the tragectory of .22.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.