Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a private range last weekend and shot with some CF shooters, and they had some heavy rear bags. After shooting with them I think I will upgrade my cheepy to a better one.
The ones they were using were I think Edgewood and looked High Dollar. I can't find any place that sells them, but Protector makes a variety and also Bald Eagle makes several.
What do you guys use , or see used at shoots.

Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'm using the Protektor Bunny Ear bag for my Sporter but will use a Bald Eagle Bunny Ear bag with a flat between the ears for the 10.5 lb rifle that I'm having built with an Edge stock. I've heard good thing about the Edgewood but haven't noticed anyone using one.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Mike, I use on of the Protector bags that has the double bottom and is taller than their regular bags. The double bottom is nice, but you've got to watch it to make sure it stays concave. I store mine balanced on a little block of wood about the size of a book of matches. This keeps the bottom pooched in so it won't rock on the bench.

The Edgewood bags are really nice. I don't have the guy's number, but I'll see if I can get it for you if you want. He doesn't have a website that I know of.

·
Registered
246 Posts
you can get ahold of Jack at [email protected] he will send you the information...these a custom built...you decide the height, color, ear height, distance between ears[stiches] I bought one and love it, its the caddy of rear bags....about 81.00 shipped, takes him 4-5 weeks to make one....

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I'll second the Kid's comments. And get the cordura top for sure.

He makes one that is about the size of a loaf of bread, if I had a helper to cart all my gear, that would be the ultimate. :cool: GG

p.s. the doughnut bottom has been approved with IBS from what I hear.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I'm using a Protektor bag also.I think the model number is 18.Has the short bunny ears and double flat bottom.Works very nicely.Mine is leather.
Mike

·
Registered
486 Posts
I went cheapie for my first rest and bought the caldwell bags. I filled them up w/ #9 shot. VERY HEAVY!!!!! Not busting at the seems though. Also, the small shot confors to the stock well. You have to carry the rear bag w/ two hands from the bottom though.....Takes me 15 mins just to get set up at the range:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.