Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright, this has been a roller coaster already. For months I was wanting one of the S&W M&P-22's. Then about the time I decided I was going to get really serious about dedicating myself to shooting tons of 22lr this year, the market went bonkers.

Well, I still managed to collect a 10/22 Zombie Stopper edition(which I have since built into a full Kidd custom and it freaking shoots) and another 10/22 in the form of a Takedown as well as a super nice (Apx 96%) all original Remington 541s built in 1972.

So, as you can see, I have been spending a lot (too much according to the wife:eek:) of dough on 22's. Now, I am super happy with those purchases, dont get me wrong. I mean my kids have never had so much fun at the range as they did last week. They are usually forced to shoot my AR's and/or precision bolt guns, along with a small amount of 22lr. Well, once we went with the intention of shooting nothing BUT 22lr, they just had a whole different appreciation for range time.

Well, last night I called a friend that owns the LGS and checked to see if he received any ammo that day. Turns out he did and I asked him to wait on me, (it was 2000 hrs) and he agreed. I ran up to buy some CCI and when I got there, I noticed a couple Smith M&P-22's. I couldnt help myself and jumped on a brand new S&W M&P15-22 MOE in FDE. Got it at standard pricing and couldnt have been happier (unless they shipped with 2 mags, but oh well, this one comes with one).

Well, once I got home, I could tell that even though the wife loved the gun and the idea of a perfect trainer for the girls that ate 22lr instead of 77 grain 5.56 or 300Blk, I could tell she was not happy that I just bought my 4th 22 in a month, to go along with the ~3K rounds of 22 I have purchased to go with it.

Anyway, once I sat down and thought about it, I decided, screw it, they are bringing a premium and I could just sell it to offset some of the funds I spent on the other 22's. So I listed here and was just going to move it at anything over $700 or so.

Then, after thinking about it today and tinkering with it some more, I decided no way in hell I was selling it. So, I am going to keep it and let the girls shoot the crap out of it. But I still have to move something to make the wife happy. I am thinking I will list my new 541s instead and just keep all semi autos since I can put the can on them, whereas there is no way I would ever thread the barrel on an all original 541s.

Crappy cell pics-And I forgot to put the included FDE panels on the rail for the pics.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that is good to hear brother. high praise indeed.

and for glass, that is a vortex razor hd, 1-6. I love it, but I can't leave it on the Smith. it belongs on my Recce. Just on for the picture.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I've been trying to figure out a way to shorten the really long name of this rifle. Not being a Smith and Wesson guy, I didn't realize there was another gun of the same name.

I am calling it the M&P15-22 now but can't determine how to edit my title lol.

1 - 4 of 13 Posts