Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Guys I need some help. After reading all the threads on the RB trigger I decided to give it a go myself. I have it installed (which wasvery easy up until now) but the sear screw will not stay set and after 5 - 10 of working the bolt it becomes so light it fires when closing (it is not loaded, only an empty in it). I tried the nail polish trick I read about with no luck and have moved now to thread tight. I am on my second try with that now. Any thougts to a solution would be great.

One other thing, the directions show a sear nut but mine did not come with one that I can locate, is this my problem?

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry about that, it is a Marlin 917V and I thought about trying to not even use it (if that is possible). Right now I am the same way and start with it as heavy as possible and working the bolt keeps going the way with it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
My Sear engagement screw might as well not even be there. If I put just a little pressure on the sear, it fired. Have you tried it with little or no "sear screw pressure"?

·
Registered
260 Posts
For the 900 series, there isn't room for a locknut on the engagement screw, so it isn't included.

Crimp the threads a bit to give the screw a bit of resistance. Worked fine for me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all, it took a few apps of thead lock but finally got it to hold and the RB trigger is by far worth the money. Now I just need to get to the range again to see if I can shoot these .25" groups everyone else is getting. So far my best is a 5 shot at .5" 75 yd group.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts