Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the range today to try some older federal bulk pack I had a new box of Winchester power points and I had 5 federal gold the cheaper stuff just enough to shoot a group. It was very windy out and not a good day to be shooting for groups so I am not sure if this ammo will do better or not. I was shooting at 50 yards with my romanian 69 all three brands hovered just over a inch at 50 yards measured with the caliper the largest measured 1 and 3/16 inch the rest were over a inch but under the 1 3/16. The Federal gold was the smallest following the Win and then the Federal bulk pack. So I guess all I shot today was average not bad, not great. but ok to shoot critters with. I am still waiting patiently for some Wolf to come in. Jim

·
Registered
140 Posts
bulk packed federals shoot great in my midway barrel in fact i just bought some more at wal mart yesterday. wolf ammo is good stuff huh? i've never even tried any target ammo or match ammo from my ruger. prolly should try some kind of match ammo to see how it groups.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I have seen most of the guys that tried the Wolf liked it, BUT as in any 22 yours may not. I sure would try a box to see you might be supprised at the great group you get and then if your gun does not like it back to what it likes best. The nice thing about Wolf Target Match is that it does not cost much I think I paid $2. 29 a box for it so if your gun does not like it you are not out much to try it. Most guys I have seen that have talked about it on the web love it that is why evidently I cannot get any now. Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts