Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today’s range day was rather different, the temp was in the mid 90s, with very high humidity, it was brutal just to walk to the mailbox or the car. At 10 pm last night (8/7/22), I took a chance and went to the range, by then the temp was in the high 70s and slowly falling and it humidity did not feel over oppressive. So I packed up the equipment and had my range day.

The range day featured 3 rifles

Savage Mk II BVNSXP-SRs (the WalMart Specials), #3, #4 and #5

The ammo used was 400 rounds of CCI RNCP mini-mags and 300 rounds of Federal Bulk Pack (blue box)

#3 - I’ve had the rifle for a while, while shootable, I’ve never been happy with the trigger, I finally got it adjusted, where I want it. The rifle functioned perfectly, finally got it as good as #1 and #2.

#4 - I finally, got the Boyd At-One stock‘s LOP adjustment to stay put, no more sudden movement. One of the 10 shot mags, didn’t want to latch in properly, switched mags, other than that the rifle functioned perfectly.

#5 - Bought a while back, but, it’s been in the closet in a box, so it’s first outing. I got the open/iron sight mounted, and worked on sighting it in. Made one trigger adjustment, shoot multiple targets. The bolt was a bit stiff, but finally started to loosen up. The rifle functioned perfectly.

CCI - as usual the ammo functioned perfectly

Federal - the ammo functioned perfectly

With the iPad playing a 1946 pirate/SciFi/murder mystery serial, I proceeded to shoot from 10 pm to 5 am. Looking back on it all, it was humid, stagnated and hotter than I originally experienced, at walk in. I shoot lots of targets, after the sighting in ones, they were very acceptable. The WalMart specials are very good rifles. As I’ve said in other post, I bought 2 CZ 457 Varmint in Boyd At-One stocks, that I was never thrilled with the mating, I put them in KRG Bravo chassis, but the Boyd At-One and the Savage barrel/action, seems to work well together.

I cleaned up, I swept the range, I hate sweeping up other people’s brass, because they either feel privileged or just too lazy to do it themselves. I stopped by the grocery store, to get milk, cereal and frozen pizzas, and of course Mt Dew Code Red. I walked into the house at 5:45 am, a full, busy night.

Wood Art Font Recreation Precision sports
Wood Font Flooring Recreation Precision sports
Wood Font Art Circle Spiral
Recreation Font Spiral Circle Pattern

·
Premium Member
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The last week has been somewhat hectic, some long term health issues and some site issues, had me away from the keyboard. I did manage to shoot everyday, with a large percentage of everyone here shooting foreign sourced ammo, I did my part to keep CCI in business.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts