Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A late range day, today, ran the grandson home, planted flowers at the cemetery, picked up car parts, on the trip, stopped and threw a burger down the lad‘s throat.

Today was a 4 rifle day

Savage B22 Precision
Savage Mk II FV/MDT-LSS RF
Bergara B14R #1 and #2

Today’s ammo was 800 rounds of CCI Clean-22 HV

Precision - again fired the rifle today with a bit of trepidation, which one was going to show up. I guess I should have known better, the rifle was flawless. Not a single issue, this is one awesome rifle.

Mk II - like a BIC pen, first time, every time, it was flawless

#1 - there is a reason, I switched to this rifle for the second half of the league season, it’s may be the best shooting rifle I own. I can not think of any real faults, just great.

#2 - while not as good as #1, but with a bit more time, it could be #1‘s equal, the Bergara B14Rs are incredible

Clean - burned through 2 of the 400 round jars, not a single issue, I like this ammo

Welp, targets were on a whole, were very good, all of the rifles were good shooters, as always, I would have like the a bit better, but none were terrible. I started at about noon and left at 6 pm. I had a great time, I wish the grandson showed some kind of interest, but alas, it’s not to be, but the daughter is starting to shoot with her BF, so may be there is some hope.

The indoor range was about 65*, inside, it was about 85* and very muggy outside, I shot 2 boxes of Aguila Luger 124gr/FMG, at the swinging steel target, by the time I was done I was sweating like a pig. As per usual, the Ruger PCC was fun to shoot, the ammo is disappointing, it lacks that primer smell of the rimfire ammo. Packed up and headed for home.

Font Recreation Spiral Wood Flooring
Wood Font Flooring Precision sports Spiral
Font Wood Precision sports Recreation Spiral
Font Recreation Spiral Indoor games and sports Circle

·
Premium Member
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So it seems the B22 is working out great for you now or ?
The B22 Precision start off terrible but the last 6 or 7 outing have been nothing but spectacular, is it as good as the B14R, no, but its very close

Do you have any Henry's in .22lr?
I have a Henry H003T, 22LR pump, which I like a lot, put Skinner sights on it, sorta nose heavy, with the long octagon barrel. And a Henry AR7 survival rifle, that’s extremely fun to shoot, but as you shoot it, the barrel heats up and it quickly become one of the most inaccurate rifles I own. The first 10 shots are fine after that it’s a dumpster fire.

Always like your range reports! CCI likes your reports also!
I’m just doing my best to try and keep them in business

·
Registered
130 Posts
The B22 Precision start off terrible but the last 6 or 7 outing have been nothing but spectacular, is it as good as the B14R, no, but its very close
Wow this sound great, I mean for the price point id say that's a hell of a deal ! Have you tried to run any SK standard plus out of it? My savage LOVES this along with CCI mini mag.

·
Premium Member
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Wow this sound great, I mean for the price point id say that's a hell of a deal ! Have you tried to run any SK standard plus out of it? My savage LOVES this along with CCI mini mag.
With what and how I shoot, 50 feet, 10 shots into a 1” bullseye with open/iron sights, off hand, using ammo like SK or better is a waste, it does not shoot any better and cost more money. About 90-95% of the time I shoot some type of CCI HV or Aguila Super Extra Hv (red box), they work perfectly for me

1 - 9 of 9 Posts