Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the place to myself today. Worked on the 457 Varmint MTR. Shot RWS Target Rifle and Eley Tenex. Scope is a Sightron SII 36 x 42 (great scope by the way). Sinclair F-Class bipod and Protektor rear bag. Trigger pull 11 oz. 2 wind flags placed at 10 yards and 30 yards on the 50 yard range. Sunny 75 degrees and wind 1-3 mph from mostly 11 oclock, but it did come from 1 oclock too...and also periods of no wind (50% of the time). The RWS shoots SOOO much better our of my MTR. The Eley shot poorly in comparison.

I started with a hoppes #9 cleaning - several wet partches, followed by 4 strokes with a brass brush - which I DID draw back over the crown 馃槈 - , followed by 2 more wet patches and then 2 dry patches. It took about 8-10 shots for the rifle to come back to grouping after cleaning.

I Shot ten - five shot groups in an attempt to gauge RWS TR to Eley Tenex in this rifle. Let's just say I didn't even bother to measure the 10 Eley groups..馃槙. There were several groups that were sub .35 inches...but more over .50.

The RWS Target Rifle's 10 group average was .37 with zero groups larger than .48 and several groups in the .2s.

I then shot an ARA card and scored 2400 (which is good for me)..

It was a fun day and am super happy with the MTR and RWS combo.
Font Screenshot Rectangle Design Games
Font Symmetry Circle Pattern Art

Premium Member
Yo-Dave Spring
I did that also on my 457 VPT but I am not getting it that low. Did the same thing on a 457 American and got it actually below 11. I wonder what the difference is.... Just thinking out loud. I have the "weight of pull" screw backed almost all the way out.

Reactions: StephenBachiler

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did that also on my 457 VPT but I am not getting it that low. Did the same thing on a 457 American and got it actually below 11. I wonder what the difference is.... Just thinking out loud. I have the "weight of pull" screw backed almost all the way out.
I really focused on the seerer engagement screw. Even a tiny nudge makes big difference...mine is still drop safe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts