Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some of you have ran into this problem before. I have a PC mount and burris signature rings in medium. The scope I'm using is a leupold 3.5x10x 40 .It want adjust high enough at 30 yards still likes about 12" to the center of the target. Any help at all will be appreciated Thanks , Neel

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
MattK said:
Had this often , reverse the mounts ...
front one - now on back
back one - now on front ...
Matt
Yup, try swapping the rings first, front to back, back to front. If that doesn't work, use the Burris Signature inserts. :)

I've got them on 2 or 3 guns now, not to prevent marks on the scopes, but just to fix the darn out-of-adjustment lattitude issues. :)

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok I tried switching them out but it didnt help :( So I ordered some of the inserts ! How do I need to go about putting those in? I need the scope titled up right ? Since the point of aim needs to go up. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks , Neel

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Hi Helton,
Can you clarify what direction your POI is in realtion to your POA? Is the bullet strike above or below the cross hairs?
If it is above you do need to physically move the cross hairs up. In this case, on the front ring put a + insert on the bottom and a - insert on the top. On the rear ring put a - insert on the bottom and a + on the top. This will give you that maximum increase.
If the bullet strike is below the cross hairs just do the reverse.
Hope that made some sense.
Good Luck
Jim

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Don't think of it as moving the bullet, think of it as moving the cross hairs to where the bullet strike/point of impact (POI) is.
Going to lower bases would indeed physically lower the cross hairs and if the POI is now below the cross hairs, it would indeed move them closer to the POI. Whether it would make enough difference I have no idea. But I think that if you raise or lower the scope an equal amount front and rear you will only move the cross hairs that amount at the target. However, if you change the scope angle using + an - inserts front and rear you gain much more. I don't know off hand how to do the math. But I bet a call or e-mail to Burris would get you your answer.
Jim

·
Registered
10,623 Posts
What rifle are you having this trouble with? If it's a Marlin 917 it is probably the weaver "style" scope bases. The bases on my 917VS and 917M2 were drilled off center. I switched and used BKL rings on the dovetail and problem solved. The 917VS was 8 inches left of center at 100 yards when I ran out of adjustment on the scope. I tried the burris off set rings and still not enough correction to zero at 100 yards.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.