Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a "search" - honest - 9 pages ;). I just have a terrible time with search functions.

I have a take off 10/22 stock I want to use for a "experiment/practice" stock. All the neat stuff - shaping - bedding - pillars - pinning - painting all the neat stuff.

With my fat little face I'm looking right at where the back of the receiver comes out of the wood. I need to raise it up to "scope height".

So, about the only thing I can't do myself is adding a piece for the raised comb. I don't have any "wood working" tools - or abilities.

I think I can find someone to do it for me but - I'd like to have *some* idea what I'm talking about.

So what works best to make the initial cut - tablesaw? How "deep" should it be? I assume I can get birch, or the like, at a lumber yard - do I need full dimension 1" - 2"?

I know this is pretty elementary stuff for most of you. Any help would be appreciated.

thnx....g

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Cletus - now I have to "search" Kydex.. ;)

Chaser - I'll pm Hipshot after bit. Got to tell you - I feel like I'm asking Einstien "What's 2x2?". ;) :D

·
Registered
130 Posts
And along the same lines, my question(s):

When I adjust my Fajen adjustable (on it's way) to fit my short/fat body, can I use those dimensions to modify my laminated factory stock?

I took my stock to a local gun store to have the stock shortened, but they politely declined suggesting that there may be some metal/steel in the stock, that they wouldn't know until they start to cutting.....

Does anybody know with any certainty what lies hidden in the guts of my factory laminated?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.