Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get a weaver rail and a scope for my 10/22. Is there a "good" rail to buy? I also want to put a black scope on it that I can put a sun shade on to give it that "sniper" look. I don't know if all scopes can accept a sun shade. Do they? I don't want a real expensive scope Something $125 or less would be in my budget.

Ideas?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I know the Swift scopes come with sun shades (some of them anyway) and are not that expensive. They DO deliver good performance as well.

Good luck on the rail. Can't help you on that one.

·
Registered
177 Posts
scope rail

hey
dont know if this will help but i do know that leupold makes a
one piece base for thier standard ring setup
i just put one on a 10/22 and it seems to be a solid setup
im not that familiar with the weaver rails but i have heard the guys in this forum mention the t-09 setup so you might check those out
hope this helps
divr6347;) :t :t

·
Registered
65 Posts
For an inexpensive large scope with reputedly good optics and a big sunshade, you might take a look at the Bushnell Scopechief 4-14X50. They're $120 at Natchez, which is about half what I've seen them going for elsewhere. I have one on the way, and there are tons of positive posts about this scope on RFC.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
For a real sniper look you might consider the Tenabraex ARD (anti-reflective device). It looks very cool and works as well as a long sunshade. Supposedly used by real snipers too!

For a scope you might consider the Simmons 6.5-20x44AO with target turrets and mil-dot reticle. I think it is in the $160 range and worth the money. You can get a traditional sunshade with it as well.

Tenabraex ARD

Mildot Master + lots on how to use them

SWFA - Simmons M1056

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mr. Rockin, I have researched your question thoroughly and found that the Power Custom or Volquartsen reciever rails to be the best for the 10/22. Leupold and Burris make a "standard" steel base for it but they stick out past the front of the reciever and it doesnt look too good. The Burris does adjust to the front if you need more eyespace. Most others are aluminum, (weaver, millet) and are too cheap looking for a nice gun. I have a PC and it cost 13.50, about half the VQ mount. And if you wanna be able to mount it farther forward you can get a barrel mounted base from either PC or VQ, both are good. As for the scope, check the website for the scope company to double check if you can put a shade on it. Most often if the front lens locking ring threads back far enough it will probably take a shade, depending on the scope of course. And just remember the old addage, you get what you pay for, or buy cheap, get cheap,,,,,something like that. Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.