Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I knew you would like these, snake.

The standard barrel model shoots great. It likes about every mag/ammo combo I give it. It is hard to tell how well it groups with red dot. I need to slap a scope on it and see. I bet it is pretty good.
The heavy barrel model is just the opposite. The mags won't stay in. I think it needs a stronger spring in the mag release latch to hold the mag solid. It is only shooting one or two rounds at a time before jamming, but it does group well. I am going to polish the chamber and see if that helps the feeding problem.
Have you ever taken the mag latch out of yours?

·
Registered
393 Posts
AWESOME!!! i have never seen one of those before. very cool. and those are target rifles? they look like ARs with heavy barrels or something. very nice :AR15firin :t :t

·
Registered
898 Posts
Is the scope rail/handguard metal?Is it tight without any play?I ask because I got rid of my Walther G22 because the plastic scope rail/carry handle wiggled a little in comparison with the barrel and the POI would shift.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Tree said:
I The heavy barrel model is just the opposite. The mags won't stay in. I think it needs a stronger spring in the mag release latch to hold the mag solid. It is only shooting one or two rounds at a time before jamming, but it does group well. I am going to polish the chamber and see if that helps the feeding problem.
First, for whoever asked, the knick-knack shelf is all metal and VERY solid. Bolt whatever you want on there.

Now, Tree, I think I can solve your problem. Take the gun apart. Hold a 10/22 mag up to the upper receiver approximately where it should go. Do the sides of the mag meet the receiver with no gap, or is there a little gap there? Bet it's the latter. If so:

Stuff the upper receiver full of rags to keep filings out. Now file a slight bevel on the inner edges of the upper receiver where the "pyramid" part of the 10/22 mag goes. It doesn't take much. When the mag snugs up there flush, you're done. It doesn't take five minutes. Clean out the upper THOROUGHLY--the filings will be hard and will tear stuff up if any stay in there.

This will solve your mag locking problems and I'll bet your feeding problems too.

The factory is doing this on all of them now. When I described this fix to Tom, he agreed with it and told me they're doing that routinely on them now.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
sot_II said:
How do the barrels latch up? does it use a v block like the 10/22 or is the only thing that is 10/22 in the system is the mag?
Uses a Savage-type system, not 10/22 V-block. Magazine and bolt are 10/22, trigger guts are AR-15. Very clever design.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That is strictly for appearance. It is an airsoft fake M4 suppressor that covers up the pencil barrel. It is a sleeve that slides on and is held in place with 12 set screws. I got the idea from the Rhineland Arms web site. It doesn't add much weight and it balances the gun perfectly.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got this one from FAC which was gunstuff.net. But they must have gone out of business because I don't get catalogs any more the site doesn't work either. I think I still have the package a home l will see if there is a web address. Perhaps you can by them direct now.

·
Registered
32 Posts
sorry slight miss understanding, in the UK it is relitivly easy to have suppressors, provided you have a good reason (health and saftey for hearing protection or pest control so as not to disturb other land users, animals or those living near by.

my current suppresor however screws onto the front, so i would have to have the rifle screw cut and it would add lenght, so i think il look for 1 that goes over barrel.

Matt

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just picked up my suppressor last Friday. I was thinking about puting it on this one but it would be fairly long unless I paid an extra $200. to register the gun as short barreled rifle.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.