Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a little background here: Today was the first day i went to shoot my newly revamped gun. The only problem i had was with the extractor.
I just got the bolt back from CPC (looks great!!) i had the headspace reduced and the bolt was jeweled, and had a pin put above the firing pin to keep it from jostling around in the firing pin slot...So I had it mated to a GM 18" blued bbl, and the gun would extract a shot shell fine but when i tried to pull the shell out of the slot for a FTF, the extractor would not even touch the edge of the lip of the casing. I wonder if the notch in the barrel wasnt cut at enough of an angle? I doubt that though...this is Green Mountain we are talking about here, and i have a tough time believing it has anything to do with the headspace being taken down.

Also, on all of the CCI subsonics i shot (this was towards the end of my shooting after shooting 100 minimags and 100 power points through the gun) they would not want to feed into the barrel all the way, they would stop about 1/8 in. short of going in all the way, and then when it looked like it was in, i would have a FTF and have to let the bolt slam home another one or two times to get a tight enough fit for it to be fired.

What gives? If anyone could shed some light on these problems i would be greatly appreciative.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
check the chamber for buildup and gunk from firing the rounds and check the shells for wax buildup on the bullets and make sure the extractor slot in the barrel is clean and that the extractor doesn't have any gunk builtup in the spring and extractor slot in the bolt......make sure the extractor is not rubbing the side of the barrel extractor slot due to barrel shift as you tightened it in the action.......the GM should have the correct auto chamber but anyone can have a quality control problem but since some fired well the buildup of gunk or barrel shift seems most likely....and try a different brand/type of ammo..HTH..good luck and good shooting!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.