Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went by my local Wall Mart and seen the Marlin model 60 in stainless steel with a different stock, it has the checkering on the forearm and grip, the other rifles did not have any checkering on them, plus the wood looked like a better grade. All were received today in one shipment, of course I couldn't resist the nicer one. Was really suprised how accurate the rifle is, I have a CZ452 Ultra Lux and a Ruger 10 22 as well. For just all around fun, you cannot beat this nice rifle. This is just my opinion, was a little hesitant on buying one with some of the previous comments made, Marlin must be doing better on manufacturing, was pleasently suprised on the quality, except for the little scope that came with it....

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Sounds like the Model 60SB - stainless in wood stock. I like mine - it beat my new Ruger 10-22 in out-of-box accuracy, and is more reliable. It eats any ammo I feed it - though those Remmy Thunderduds do give it a bit of indigestion now and then.
With good ammo and a decent scope, it'll whack a golfball three out of five times at the 110 yard berm. The 60SB is a good little rifle indeed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Gotta agree with Big Dog,

I bought the same Marlin Model 60SB at Wally-World down here in Orlando.

The stock is thinner than the Ruger 10/22, so the spousal unit likes shooting it as well.

I'm very happy with the out-of-the-box performance.

I use it for target plinking, so I didn't plan on pimping it up like you can with the 10/22.

If only Marlin would do something about that plastic trigger housing!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Love Mine

I purchased this exact same rifle two weeks ago and LOVE IT! I chucked the stupid TASCO scope that it came with, however. I do not have a 10/22 but can not imagine that it can be a better built or performing weapon.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Marlin 60

I have the M-60. Not in stainless. (Blued) But it's still a nice gun for $99. I scoped it with a Tasco 3x9x40mm. ($29) Cant beat that with a stick either.;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.