Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Question on Richardson Stocks

338 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Kimo1
Question on Richards Stocks

I am interested in getting a Richards Stock http://www.rifle-stocks.com/UltraliteLaminate8inch72dpi.jpg for the base of my celtic rifle. Any of you have one of these?

How is the fit and feel?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
109 Posts
I've got a Tac Driver that I ordered from them. Two things: #1 Be prepared to wait unless what you need is in stock. I can't remember exactly how many weeks but it was at least 12. Then it came in cut wrong and I had to send it back and wait some more. #2 The two stocks I received were rougher than other stock makers products I have used. Nothing to overcome but you'll need a rasp and file or two (or 50 grit sandpaper). I kind of like the extra wood 'cause I can "customise" it a little more. If I were to order another I'd pay for the lightweight option. I don't know about their other designs but their Tac Driver is no back-packer.

· Registered
2,292 Posts
Kimo...Richard's makes a very...

good product. Some folks have reported here that they require a bit more work than they would like, but their stocks are pretty darn nice. I have the tackdriver in "coral reef" that you posted a picture of and I love it. Yea, it required a little effort, but most was due to me custom fitting the grip area to my hand and fixing a chip that I caused because I get stupid sometimes. :coco: I'd post a picture, but I'm still playing with the clear coat finish. You won't be sorry for gettin' one. And as a bonus, they're a board sponser here at RFC.

And one more thing....If you got questions or want opinions, always ask here and you'll get responses. :D

hfly

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm still wrestling with this. Some of my orignial design ideas include a harp of Ireland (have some Irish blood) along with a St Paran's Celtic cross. In addition I was going to include some knotwork. Being a Scott...I am also thinking about including my family crest...Wallace. That's one design idea.

The other design idea is to mix Celtic knotwork with nexus and plexus circle with stylalized celtic animals. The central unifying theme would be a red dragon...This would appear on the shoulder portion of the stock.

I would use gold and silver guild for the knotwork and a combination of woodburning, water color, and guild for the dragon. My intent that ultimately, no woodgrain would show on the stock. All parts not painted or guilded would woodburned. This would raise the painted and guilded sections slightly creating a carved effect.

I am still trying to decide if I Go the route of a Richards tack driver stock or look at another.....even a stock stock. I don't want the rifle to be too heavy...I intend to use a Whistlepig or carbon fiber barrel in order to reduce the weight (I'd like my wife to be able to hold and fire and she has a chronic muscle weakness/auto immune disease). I am sensitive to the weight issue.

What do yall recommend?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.