Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about getting the volquartsen sear and disconector. I have the target hammer but i was wondering if those parts would take out the slop in the trigger i did the jb weld trick but it isnt working right i have to push forward on the trigger for it to reset.
thanks for any info

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Tack driver said:
I was thinking about getting the volquartsen sear and disconector. I have the target hammer but i was wondering if those parts would take out the slop in the trigger i did the jb weld trick but it isnt working right i have to push forward on the trigger for it to reset.
thanks for any info
Doubt it would help much, if I recall correctly most folks complain that it adds more slop. I would suggest polishing out the JB weld a little more and if it still hangs try taking more off of it. That or add a stronger return spring, maybe try the opposing magnets too (I think thats a cool idea and might try it on the next project gun.)

Dave Z.

·
Registered
8,352 Posts
get rid of the jb weld and drill and tap the sear. thats what i did. no slop and no take up. if you can't or don't want to drill the sear, i recomend the Power Custom adjustable sear :t . keep :snipersmi

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
i've only done a few of the jb weld jobs, but the secret of either the epoxy or the set screw fix seems to be getting the contact point as far to the rear as possible....... i had to do my first attempt a few too many times before i learned to trim the relief back to where the only contact was as close to the end of the sear/disco pivot as possible.....while you've got it out, i like to make sure there's no machine marks on the end of the sear to drag on during reset......

are you guys annealing/rehardening the sears to install the set screws???

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Cletus, annealing/rehardening........yes.....

I'm pretty sure that everyone that modifies their own trigger parts, anneals them prior to drilling & tapping. Also, I like to have my set screws in place when I re-harden the hammer and sear.

hfly

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.