Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wanted a bolt .22 and after looking around, the CZ 452 Lux (sorry about the mistake!) is what I've settled on. Iron sights were a must. Anyway, although I'm a natural rightie in everything else, an eye problem makes me a leftie with rifles. I have no problem with RH models and would get one in the CZ. The kids are righties and would use it too.

My question is ... is the LH stock in the Lux model "cut" any differently, or is it the same from the left and the right? Thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
58,721 Posts
I wanted a bolt .22 and after looking around, the CZ 452 Lux (sorry about the mistake!) is what I've settled on. Iron sights were a must. Anyway, although I'm a natural rightie in everything else, an eye problem makes me a leftie with rifles. I have no problem with RH models and would get one in the CZ. The kids are righties and would use it too.

My question is ... is the LH stock in the Lux model "cut" any differently, or is it the same from the left and the right? Thanks for your help!
I'm guessing you mean is the stock symmetrical and not canted one way or the other and as far as I know it is symmetrical. Obviously the bolt handle cut is on the left as it would have to be. I would think you're better off with a right handed rifle if it doesn't bother you and everyone else is right handed. Hope I'm understanding what you're asking here. Welcome to the CZ ward!

Gerald

·
Registered
18 Posts
Boy do I disagree with you on this one! I'm the only left handed one in my family and I have always "yielded to the majority" until I finally bought myself a LH 452 American. It MIGHT not have the resale value or a RH model but I bought this one for me and it's a pleasure to shoot with no compromises. Besides, a little humility and adversity for them is good too!

But back to the original question...

I don't know about your model, but the American is symetrical.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, guys. Yes gmd1950, you described it better than me - symmetrical vs. canted. Windknot, I can't argue with your logic, but I've grown accustomed to RH guns.

I'm looking forward to being on the ward!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.