Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, Got a queston on a stock I purchased last week. I got a butler creek stock for my 10/22 and was a bit disappointed when I opened the box and realized that its the same size as the factory stock. Its a bit short for my taste and I was wondering if there is anything that can be done to add a bit of length to it?

I was also wondering if there is anything that can be done to add a bit of girth to the stock as I am having a hard time getting a comfortable cheek weld.

Thanks in advance to everyone.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
pikeal1,

I do not believe there is a solution for what you are trying to do...! ! :(

Cut your losses now, and return the stock and buy something else...! ! :)

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
I was dissapointed with my BC stock as well. Take BigMike's advice and take it back now! It will not get better with use. I like my BC CF barrel(see my posts in the Butler Creek... junk thread) but the stock is not an improvement in size. It is easier to grip due to the checkering but that is the only redeeming qualities I have found in mine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks

Thanks for the replies. I took it to the range this weekend and I wasn't to unhappy with the results. It is a bit smaller than what I hoped for...but I'm happy with the end result. It shot well and I had a lot of fun with it.

I guess I'll just have to buy another 10/22 and really dress it up...but I think I'll keep this one as is.

thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.