Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very green about 10-22's. I didn't even know that it had a bolt hold open device, until someone pointed it out to me. (Sorry for being so dumb). Anyhow, I had some trigger work done on my 10-22, and now when I use the bolt hold open device, it holds the bolt open fine, but I thought that in order to release it, all you had to do was pull back on the bolt charging handle and the lever would drop down and release the bolt.. Mine does not do that. I have to press up on the bolt hold open lever, in order to close the bolt.. Is this normal, or did the person who done the trigger work, get a spring in backwards or what..
HELP PLEASE... :confused:

Dave

·
Registered
54 Posts
Your bolt hold open device is working properly (the way it comes from the factory).
Many of us replace or modify them to release when the bolt is pulled back.
A drawback to doing this modification is that the bult can release when you don't intend it to. The most common way for this to happen is when you bump the butt of the stock (usually by it hitting the ground too hard).
I modified mine so that it won't release on it's own but is easier than the factory "fumble fingers" set-up.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How's life in Bradenton??

Weather is great :) ...Fishing is great :) ...22rf matches are plentiful :) ...Work opportunities are excellent :) ...Housing is pleantiful :) ...Beaches are great :) ...Bikinis are AWESOME :D ...and the traffic SUCKS :mad: :eek:

Dave

·
Registered
49 Posts
Newbie or not...."If all else fails...follow directions!"

Might I suggest that you read the darn instruction manual that came with the Ruger 10/22? Manuals are available free from Ruger either online or via "snailmail". Might save you a lot of grief someday...with the Ruger or another firearm.

Feldwebel22

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.