Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been toying with the idea of building an hm2 with Boyd's special. For those of us in Canada, it is not an easy venture to get parts from Boyd's, it involves importers and it can be a PITA. How much does the wind affect the 17 hm2? I will be using it to shoot mostly gophers at further ranges than my 22lr can reach and I would like to know if it is worth my while. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
gunnitz said:
I've been toying with the idea of building an hm2 with Boyd's special. For those of us in Canada, it is not an easy venture to get parts from Boyd's, it involves importers and it can be a PITA. How much does the wind affect the 17 hm2? I will be using it to shoot mostly gophers at further ranges than my 22lr can reach and I would like to know if it is worth my while. Thanks.
As you know bullet only weighs 17grns so wind most certainly does affect it. A nice breeze doesn't do much to them when shooting out at 100yds but when its windy outside I leave the 17's in the house.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.