Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Real Quick Question- Just installed the VQ bedding kit and was wondering if I need to glue or epoxy in the aluminum block or just set it in there and leave it. Installation was a snap and I took some pics if anyone wants to see. I thought that the block would go all the way to the trunion and rest on that brass metal to metal but it doesn't. Oh well, can't wait to see how it shoots.

D.

Oh! and how much space do you leave between barrel and stock when you float? I can slip a piece of paper but have been told that this is not quite enough.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Hawk

And by the way- Outstanding service on getting this kit, the refill and an extra Dakotan Buffer to me this past week. Super quick turnaround bud!!! :t :t way up!

Damian

·
Registered
20 Posts
I-fly,

could you elaborate on how this system works.... I'm new to this stuff. I have a new Fajen stock in my setup....does this eliminate carving the stock & using an epoxy type method to bed the barrel?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yup

Supposed to. I will let ya'll know how it turns out next week. Will post some groups before and after. I am keeping track of changes in every mod that I do. Here is a series of pics that I took on HowTo.

Hawk would be able to elaborate more on "how" it works than I, or you could do a search with combinations of "Volquartsen" "bedding kit" "pressure pad" "free floating"

D.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.