Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I look at the parts for the bolt and receiver for the Model C single shot and can't figure why the striker doesn't catch of the trigger sear when the bolt is pushed in. It required that knob at the rear of the receiver to be pulled back for the striker to catch the trigger sear. Is there something about the front of the bolt that shields the striker and when the bolt is fully in place the striker can be pulled back and catch the sear in a notch on the bottom of the bolt? I can see what appears to be a slot on the bottom of the bolt in the "Damguy" parts picture for the model C.

·
Registered
8,561 Posts
Could be as you said the "hammer" covers the slot in the forward position allowing it to ride over the trigger closing the bolt. When the bolt is closed and the cocking knob pulled back it pops up through the slot to catch the hammer in the fire position. So it's acting as a safety so the gun is not cocked when you insert a live round. Just my guess.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
I have also run into issues with a model 25/25A bolt which is very similar. The two bolts I had, both had a different size groove in the bottom of the bolt body.

My trigger would only fit inside the one bolt body.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could be as you said the "hammer" covers the slot in the forward position allowing it to ride over the trigger closing the bolt. When the bolt is closed and the cocking knob pulled back it pops up through the slot to catch the hammer in the fire position. So it's acting as a safety so the gun is not cocked when you insert a live round. Just my guess.
This is kind of what I thought also. You could have a round in the chamber while hunting and just need to pull that handle at the rear of the bolt back to cock it and shoot. I would guess that once the front of the bolt has passed the trigger sear the bolt body blocks the trigger sear from coming up since that part of the bolt body can rotate and keep the slot for the sear out of the way till the bolt handle is down in place. The Striker part 105 is full forward till that handle is pulled back and the striker is captured by the trigger sear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts