Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at buying a MKIII hunter. It is stainless with the fluted barrel has around 100 rounds down the tube. comes with the factory box, 2 mags. and fiber optic sights. My question is what is this worth? He is asking $400 is that a fair price?
Thanks
Jonathan

·
Premium Member
30,507 Posts
Is it a private sale or is it subject to sales tax? It makes a difference.
Check Gunbroker and you will get a good idea what they are worth. Very seldom is an auction site a good idea for a common gun in this price range because of shipping and dealer costs. The auction sites will give you a good idea what they are worth. I don't think that I would go over $400 OTD, but I haven't done any comparison shopping either.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
When you consider a new blued basic Mark III sells for a little over $300, that's a good deal. A hundred rounds through the barrel is nothing, it's basically new. Sounds like you got a great deal to me.

R,
Bullseye

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Sounds like a darned good deal. New Hunters around here are $470 before tax. That's the lowest I've seen. Gander Mountain has them for over $500. Assuming no major physical damage, 100 rounds has hardly warmed the pistol up, you've got a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
$435

I bought one a month or so ago at a Houston gun show NIB for $435. I did see another one later for $425. I had to pay 8.25% sales tax on top of that. $350 for an almost NIB sounds good to me. Did you have to pay tax and a transfer fee as well? I got mine for $470 total. You're gonna love it.

Rev

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.