Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Just had to have the Talo Classic Ruger But I couldnt make up my mind which I liked better, So when My wife gave me the Green Light i went ahead and bought all four:D

So i figure the next Question is:................. do they all become SS or would it be smarter for me to leave them as Stock? I wouldnt have any time to work on them this summer anyway, but they would be great winter project. I could see all four barrels getting shipped out for work and swapping out parts in the TG along with sending out for bolt work.

I dont really think there is going to be any great value to these being stock or even unfired for that matter right?

Thanks,
SC

·
Registered
645 Posts
Step one: Pictures.
Step two: whatever you want.

I would keep them stock in appearance and make them sleepers, but that it just me. Nemo rework, trigger parts and call it a day.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
SavagePump said:
Step one: Pictures.
Step two: whatever you want.

I would keep them stock in appearance and make them sleepers, but that it just me. Nemo rework, trigger parts and call it a day.
:yeahthat:
And, congrats on the wife. Sounds like a keeper. :bthumb:

·
36,609 Posts
I would have to agree about your wife. As for the rifles I would proceed as something like this:
1. Shoot them with decent ammo and see how they shoot.
2. Triggers will probably need some work.
3. Have the barrels reworked or replaced with aftermarket on at least two of them.
4.At least one and maybe both that have the good barrels should be bedded.

5. Leave 2 stock......for now:eek::D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry about the delay on the Pics.... There they are I thru IV from left to right. Does anyone know any history on these? The Serial numbers seem pretty recent unless the stocks were just put on newer rifles?? Anyhoo, I think I like the Classic II the best.

·
Premium Member
39,663 Posts
Those are four beauties. I agree, I wouldn't modify the appearance, but do the trigger and bolt work to make them great shooters. I would go ahead and shoot them, that's what they are for, and the great thing about rimfires is that careful shooting, even a lot of it, won't seriously damage the rifle. You could shoot each one 10,000 times and it would still be a 95% to 98% gun.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Dang, very nice wood on those!

Was it me, I think I would leave them stock in appearance since you have the set.
Have the barrels reworked, or find extra factory barrels, easy to find, and set yours aside. That and some trigger work.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I like #1 and #3 best, just can't decide which one more. I'd do all the triggers, then pick the one that feels best and do all the other mods as needed while maintaining the stock appearance. I'd only mod the remainders further when I became board and wanted a new project. Just think of all the bullets you need to figure out which load each one prefers!

·
Registered
9,109 Posts
N I C E ! :bthumb:

·
Registered
415 Posts
Number 3 is my favorite as well. I would have the triggers worked, send all 4 bolts to Que and a couple barrels to Nemo. When I got the 2 back from Nemo I would send him the other two.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.