Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Quad problem

547 3
First shots through a new Quad today tried the .17m2 barrel.
Three fired cases failed to extract from the first five shots and the fifth(last) round would'nt pick up and be chambered.Some of the bullets fed from the magazine either jambed their tips against the base of the barrel below the chamber or to the left of the chamber.
Checked the extractor claw and noticed that the leading edge that clips over the shell case rim seems to have the right hand corner missing and approx 25% of what I thought would be a straight edge.Perhaps this is a bevel? .There is blueing on this section so it seems that it was blued with that chip/bevel whatever already there.
My camera won't focus close enough to take a pic and this is my first post and I dont know how to include images.
I tried CCI,Hornady and Eley all with the same result.
Phoned the dealer and he said that he thought my rifle was the last one Beretta had in the country and that he would call them after the weekend
I have three .17m2 bolt action rifles Ruger,Kimber and now Sako,CCI and Hornady cases split in the three and Eley does not split in any of them.
Colin
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
58,007 Posts
If they're out of .17m2's there, the States has them by the truck load, that's about all they have left in the warehouse I'm told. I agree that its a warranty issue, make 'em fix it.

Gerald

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The rifle has just arrived back from Berette NZ where they apparently filed the claw.It seems to be doing the job now.
I am wondering if I should order a spare extractor assy while this is still a current model.
Colin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.