Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:D I aquired an older design Push/Pull Magazing release for 10/22's from my oldest brother who is a Gunsmith/Range Owner. It is the type that Pivots in the middle and can be used either by pushing or pulling the lever to drop your mag.
When you pull the lever(looks like a trigger) the top pivot section touches the trigger guard and drops the mag. When you push it, it work the same way as all of the other extended mag drops.
:rolleyes: Is there any interest from some of you folks to also use this system if I get a bunch made? This one is out of Aluminium and I'm sure could be colored (anodized/Power coated) any color our hearts desired.
:1t I don't know the coat as of yet, But--- This one sold in the 80's for $50 plus tax. I want to find the amount of interest and some numbers first, before I explore the manufactering process. These may even cost upwards to the $50-$75 or better range. Let me know :Blasting_

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
dferris57 said:
:D This one sold in the 80's for $50 plus tax. I want to find the amount of interest and some numbers first, before I explore the manufactering process. These may even coat upwards to the $50-$75 or better range. Let me know.
IMHO, I think that price may be too steep for a mag release. Almost all of the current aftermarket mag releases are under $20. The only one near that price is the Power Custom release. It sells for around $45 (primarily because it's titanium.)

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
you have to be an rfc supporter to view attachments like that. Someone needs to put them somewhere like photobucket.com or hunt101, something like that, so everyone can see them. They're pretty fuzzy pics, hard to make out a lot of detail.

·
Registered
175 Posts
gordonmcw said:
you have to be an rfc supporter to view attachments like that. Someone needs to put them somewhere like photobucket.com or hunt101, something like that, so everyone can see them. They're pretty fuzzy pics, hard to make out a lot of detail.
i will resize them tonight. i didn't last night because i had yet another migraine when i got them. just wanted to get them uploaded for him. i do have the software to do it ;)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds Like an Interesting Release though.

I was thinking of different colors and power coating, and like I said I don't have a price as of yet! I could even Jewel a few for a real cool look.. Still havn't found my CNC mill source as of yet. But if I get some more interest in it I'll go looking. :D I've got mine... :D
ps , Thanks for the help on the photos guys.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
mag drop

gsonnenmd said:
IMHO, I think that price may be too steep for a mag release. Almost all of the current aftermarket mag releases are under $20. The only one near that price is the Power Custom release. It sells for around $45 (primarily because it's titanium.)
:1t The only problem with your thought process is that the "cheaper" mag drop under $20 are just an extended finger push type. Most all of these are plastic. And there production cost is almost nothing. I've made several extended mag drops out of extra/old factory part and not spent an extra dime. :rolleyes: (Just Time) This one is an extra forward trigger, and pushes or pulls to make the mag drop. A two or three part "Moving" pivot point and casting or CNC will cost more then time, because there is labor / work involved.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.