Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven’t seen any information on Pumps here?
Looking to getting one because I think they are fun to shoot. I just do plinking.
The only ones I found that make them are, (Remington makes one, Henry makes one & Taurus makes several.). Henry seems to be the cheapest in price.
Any comments, recommendations on these would be appreciated…

·
Banned
957 Posts
Vagas
I've got an original(1956) Win 62 and an early eighties Rossi Model 62. The Rossi is now being made by Taurus. My Rossi is extremely accurate and a ton a fun. I had read several bad reports on the Henrys but as you say they are cheaper. The Remington 572 Fieldmaster is a very nice pump though it is much heavier and not necessarily more accurate than the Rossi/Taurus. It's also considerably more $$.
I'd go with the Taurus
Good luck,
Mike

·
Registered
536 Posts
The name "Field Master" got me thinking. My grandfather recently gave me his GameMaster Pump Action 30-06 (made in 1951 or 52) And he owns a WingMaster from even earlier that may become mine someday. What other Masters did remington make? i might be interested in finishing off the "collection" so to speak.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Gamemaster

Jaeger,

Remington Gamemaster slide action centerfire rifles are/were made in the following calibers from 1952 to the present, with different model numbers [M760, M7600], names and suffixes:

Calibers:
.222 Rem [rarest]
.223 Rem [rarer]
6mm
.243 Win
.244 Rem [very rare]
.257 Roberts [rare]
.270 Win [second most common caliber]
.280 Rem
7mm Express [1979-82]
.300 Savage
.308 Win
.30/06 [most common caliber]
.35 Rem
.35 Whelen [1988-96]

Regarding 'other' "Masters", Remington used the name on literally dozens of .22 rifles....! ! :eek:

The "Wingmaster" was introduced in 1950.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Other "Masters" include...

Remington's Mdl 510 "TargetMaster", single shot bolt action .22 rimfire rifle; as well as Mdl 512 "SportsMaster" .22 rimfire, bolt action, with a tubular magazine, and Mdl 552 "SpeedMaster" .22 rimfire,semi-auto, tubular mag. These are the only ones that I'm personally familiar with. Remington also mfg.'d Mdl 740 "WoodsMaster" in 30-06,&.308, semi-auto 4 shot detachable mag. Then there's Mdl 513TR, "MatchMaster".22 rimfire,bolt action with a 6-shot deachachable box mag., and Mdl 37 "RangeMaster" .22 rimfire, bolt action with a 5-shot box mag. Mdl 40-XB also had a "RangeMater"designtion but was a single shot .22 rimfire bolt action. I've owned two Rossi pumps. Beware of the "older" ones that used S,L, and LR. (Feeding,extraction/ejection problems with the S, and L's). The LR only models are very reliable and surprisingly accurate; not to mention a hoot to shoot. :t

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.