Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Problems with 77/22!

495 2
Last year I finally found some ammo (cci mini mags) that shot well in my gun. Groups were consistently tight and there were no flyers. Now, my gun sprays them all over. I changed scopes so that is not the problem. All mounts are tight. Has anyone heard of a barrell loosing its personality and preferring different ammo after a period of time. I just dont understand. I just ordered a bunch of new ammo which I have not tried before and hope that I can find some that will shoot well. P.S. I have tried shooting with a dirty and clean barrell, and both will not group the cci mini mags...
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
yes

I had a MK I and a Marlin 25 that both loved fed eagles for about a year. both slowly turned on them now they both shoot great with other ammo that didn't shoot in them before. I am talking about the exact same box of ammo that didn't shoot before. barrels evolve. also it could just need a good old fashion cleaning. us a good quality solvent. dry it well with a bore snake then shoot a few rounds to prep the barrel and try a group.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
it is probably not the gun but the ammo. i have had that happen before. i bought soem pmc's once and my 77/22 loved them i was shooting every thing in sight. we plink alot. so i ordered a brick from natches and i did not shoot worth a hoot. i switched back to the orignal and they shoot fine. just a bad batch or maybe a good one. that is why they make match ammo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.