Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I need some opinions.
I have a Savage 93 in 17HMR. Ihave only put 50 rounds through it. Yesterday I looked at a spent case for the first time. As close as I can measure it, on firing the case shoulder moves forward .042" and the case head bulges backwards leaving a ring around the H headstamp. Should this gun go back to the factory?
It does seem to be quite accurate.

Thanks,
ARO

·
Registered
148 Posts
If it needs to go, so do my Savage .17 and my 77/22/17. Spent cartridges from my Savage rock around when you set them up on a table, and the neck on my GM .17 spent cartridges is noticeably shorter. Like yours, they both group well, though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had the same problem on mine. I had one of the first 93R's to come out. I noticed that even the bolt was a little hard to open after firing. Asked the same questions you have and some of the knowledgeable guys said it was normal and even occurred on other gun makes as well.The 93 seems to have one of the better machined and fitted chambers if sooting around the neck area (or lack thereof) is any indication.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.