Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you guys seen this rifle? It is a .22lr version of the carbon 15 (type 97) rifle. It is absolutely sweet! The msrp is 695, but I found them online for 550. A magazine I just got did a pretty good ammo testing on the rifle, getting .436 with wolf target, and .4xx with a couple other brands. This is 50yards and 5-shot groups. I am going to buy one. If anyone has one or has seen one in the flesh, what are your thoughts on it? Regards. Lawboy.

·
Registered
51 Posts
There are a couple in one of the shops I frequent here in California. They are nice, pretty light, comfortable to hold and easy to grip, look well made and not much different than their 223 version. The bolt handle is attached to the bolt in a way that it cannot be locked down so the handle comes towards your face during every shot. Outside of that I was highly tempted to get one after reading the same review you did. They are a bit pricy, the ones here are closer to the $700 price that was listed. You will need to buy additional magazines as it only comes with one.

I have been trying to reach the company because I wanted to see if they had any plans in producing one in 17hmr, but they have a recording stating they are in the process of reorganizing. Not sure if they were bought up or they moved or what the deal is. Their website is also down and frankly I put off my purchase till I can get some answers and get the sense they will continue to support their products.

I believe they also make an AK-47 style in 22LR as well as the AR-15 style.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just noticed you are in California, the place I go to is Target Masters in Milpitas (East Bay area). It would be a bit of a trek from Sacramento, but if you want to see one first hand they have 2 of them, or at least did a day ago.

408-263-7468
122 Minnis Circle
Milpitas, CA 95035

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. After carefully reading the assault weapon statute and some info on the doj website, i went to my shop and asked about getting one of these. seems some were brought in, as you have seen, but the doj is tracking them down and "liberating them." My guys says they consider it part of they AR family because the lower will accept an AR upper. If that is what bill lockyer and his goons are doing, I think they could be beaten in court on this one if anyone cares to spend the money to do it. At any rate, I don't think I'll be buying one just so the state can come and take it from me and give me nothing in return! California ... sometimes I want to move.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.