Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a weaver k-3 few ring scratches at rear. El Paso steel tube. 2 redfield 3/4 rimfire with weaver rings. weaver J/4 also steel tube. Don't need them. What is a fair price to ask? Thanks Bob

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
I would save those 3/4" Redfield .22 scopes - they are perfect for small 'walk-about' hunting rifles. Just give them to a really good friend or close relative - they will thank you profusely after using them for a while.

I have one of those J4 scopes too - Dad's Marlin 39 Mountie had a barrel mounted N mount for this. Gets my vote for 'most frustrating scope in my life', as parallax was horrible - really a 'now you you see it, now you don't' scope. Kinda cool to look through, just for the memories.

Hope you get your price on the scopes.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
There is a wide range of prices on the Redfields,depending on the model.If they are Sportsters value is $75 to $150,if Westerner $25 to $50,if Traditional $25 to $60.These prices are quotes from Nick Stroebel's book printed in 2000 and may not be real world.The 3/4 rings have value separate from the scopes,good ones are not common today.I buy them where I can find them,last pair bought here on RFC $25 shipped.For the K3,three years ago I bought a nice K1.5 and K4 for $50 each,book says $40 to $70.My J4 with post reticle is one of my favorites,haven't had the experience with it the gentleman posting before mentioned.Book value on it is $45 to $85.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.