Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
entered one this weekend, coyotes, foxes and ravens,
bringm on. one point coyote, two points fox, 1/2 point for raven
All pelts recovered and donated to local fish and game club, then sold, then pheasants chicks are purchased with proceeds, sent to donated farms, grown and release to wild to try and establish resident population.
ten bucks per two man team, two days, Jan 25 and 26.
The only thing better than coyote hunting, is hunting in a competetion for a good cause.
time to warm up the weatherby and the 17

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Nice :)

If you dont mind me asking, Im curious what you paid to enter? Sounds like a good competion for a good cause. :)

Dean_311

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ten dollars per one or two man team, top team wins 70% of entry money runners up gets 30%. Last years winners shot 15 dogs in two days.
I got a touch of the flu 3 hrs before daybreak on first day. this was not fun.
Ten inches of fresh snow added to 10 inches of old, 14 points below freezing, bitter 25 mph wind, brutally cold.
However, We pushed bush, called and spotted 11 coyotes by noon, shots fired, rounds expired, more shots, didnt cut a hair on any.
Planted buddys chevy 4x4 (35" tires with 3 inch lift) in the snow filled ditch up to the doors, sweated up, shovelless, hungry, sick, all the while we watched helplessly as a coyote 600 yards away walked down the middle of the road, couldnt kill a coyote if...
It was just not coming together for the Varmastr SWAT Team. So we (I) quit, i went home all pouty faced, took some meds and slept. Day two, slept in, got up, read RFC, its been ok so far.
Some days it doesnt pay to get up. This was one of them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
predator competition

where is it ? So I can go for next year. That is not the bounty they have on coyetes up in the Bonnyville - Cold lake area every winter?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
contact the sarcee fish and game or perhaps your local F and G to connect up, its province wide, you use the area you want. Between my buddy and me we got 600 quarter sections of permission. a very nice fella from Innisfail offered his farm as dead coyote central.
The shooters dont skinm, just deliver as is. Prices of late are about $40 per dog unskun.
The 10$ entry is just a formality, even if you win it might be a $100. That might pay for gas. Ill try to keep this thread up to date, as i get info.

·
Registered
50 Posts

Thanks for the info .Will check out Sarcee Fish and Game for all the details. They have a trophy measurement contest coming up some time in the next couple of weeks. Are you going to enter your mulie or it will not be ready in time?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just found out its already the interclub champion, for the immediate area, its on to the provincials next.
Great news, due to low turnout and brutal cold, the Predator competition is on again for February 8 and 9, 2003,only 20 coyotes were submitted. watch the farm newpaper, called 'central alberta life'

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.