Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

PPK style

771 5
I'm thinking of buying an other .22LR pistol. I already own a S&W2206 , but I was thinking of a small frame pistol this time. Preferably something that looks like a Walther PPK. In a catalogue I found something called the Erma 62 , but I never found anything about it anywhere else. I'm sure there are other .22 PPK's out there. Does anyone know of one ? Please post some pics here and don't forget to mention the price.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
I had a Hungarian .22LR PPK clone -- SMC, I think the model was -- and as Joe said, it was not accurate, and not especially reliable. Came with two mags and I had to tune one extensively to get it to work. The other worked ok but it was fussy about ammo. Accuracy was poor. Not usable as a trail gun for rabbits (my intended application). I got rid of it. Have since shot a friend's stainless Walther TPH, which was at best so-so. I also got to try a Walther PPK/S in .22LR which was very reliable and pretty accurate (usable out to 20-25 yards on rabbit-size game for a CAREFUL shooter), but expensive. French (Manhurin) Walther PPK/S or PP's in .22LR start at 425-45O if you shop around and go up from there, while German guns start at about 600 or so unless you luck out. Magazines for these guns tend to be expensive -- $50 is cheap for one, and a more usual price is $65-75. I've not seen any .22LR PPK clones that I thought could compare to the quality of the actual Walthers, thus far.
John

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've never heard of the Erma 62, However the Erma-Excam RX22 is a clone of the Walther PPK and is a .22lr

Don't know much about it, but there is a recall. "The pistol may SLAM FIRE. With the magazine loaded and the safety in the on position, the slide is pulled to rear and released to load a cartridge into the chamber of the pistol. As the slide moves forward, feeding a cartridge into that chamber, the pistol may discharge. Examination of cartridge cases have revealed the absence of a firing pin impression."
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I've owned the PPK/S (German) and the TPH (German and US) in .22 LR. The PPK/S was the more reliable of the two types. The US TPH's were inconsistent, one being perfectly reliable and accurate with any ammo, the other two left more than a little to be desired. The German version of the TPH was so-so; it was a pre-GCA of '68 pistol.

There were some rumours of a .22 LR PPK/S or PPK in the future (perhaps a US made version). John McCaw is probably more up to date than I on that issue.

Can't say much about the other versions, as I've never owned one.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I LOVE Mine!

It's an Hungarian made PPK clone called a FEG AP22 = It's reliable and accurate enough to be on my CCW as one of my carry guns for self defense. Unlike the above post regarding begetive results with an FEG, mine has functioned flawlessly for over 3 years now with at least a magazine full shot through it every range session I manage. = Effective out to 10yards (with practice):)
Must add ine thing - I've never shot anything but hypervelocity ammo through this particular weapon = Aguila Super Maximum HP's or Remington Yellowjackets or CCI Stingers. The magazines for the FEG are stamped "Use Hi Velocity Only" - I have, and the little 'Mousegun' works just fine. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.