Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help removing front sight block. It appears to be crosspinned. Hammer & punch can't seem to budge it. Soaked it with Kroil, on top of heating it. Any WZ78 owners out there removed their front sight block and if so what method did you use?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Good luck to you then!

That sort of thing they really don't want to be moving or working loose, so I don't imagine you will have an easy time getting it removed. You want to just remove it for aesthetics wise? I suppose you could have it removed on a lathe, but that would be expensive.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I didn't have any problems removing mine. Just drifted the cross pin from left to right with a hammer and punch. it seemed to come out fairly easily. then a couple of taps at the rear of the sleeve(carefully, not to mar the barrel) and it came off.:bthumb:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I didn't have any problems removing mine. Just drifted the cross pin from left to right with a hammer and punch. it seemed to come out fairly easily. then a couple of taps at the rear of the sleeve(carefully, not to mar the barrel) and it came off.:bthumb:
I had the same experience. I don't recall the pin being tapered or anything either.

Maybe heat it a bit with a torch too?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.