Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

As most of you know I had been working on developing practical arrangements for installing aperture sights on the popular CZ.452 variants. Well most of my efforts were in progress at the time I underwent quadruple bypass surgery last year. After convalescence I completed my conversion of an UltraLux to a "Match Rifle" (sic) ... even shot it in a few CRC tournaments, winning the odd one or two against the usual mix of real match rifles. Never got around to completing the documentation of the conversion with pics ... then my digital camera went kaphooey ! Meanwhile, a local shooter horse-traded another rifle of interest for the UltraLux !!!

I now have a new digi-cam, and will try to get some pics of that conversion and a new article on the Fuzzy's Projects site. But to whet yo' appetites a little, here's a true "Po' Mans" project. Can be tried without destroying or barely damaging your favourite iron-sighted CZ ... and for the cost of a few pennies and a little time. Check the pics !

Requires 2 front sight apertures, Anschutz or Redfield Palma will do ... 7/64~1/8" for rear, and 5/64~3/32" for front. I had Redfields in my junkbox ! Using a Dremel cut-off wheel, slot the normal front sight blade transversely and crazy glue in the smaller aperture with attached leg as shown. Cut both legs off the larger aperture, file a flat across one edge of the resulting "washer" and glue to the back of the rear sight blade. A few dabs of sight blackener will finish the job.

Now ... go out, zero it at 50 yards, and shoot. Yes - it's simple - even crude - but it works ! You can shoot "possibles" with it ! The aperture sizes listed above are valid for standard NRA 50 and 100 yard targets.

Want to make it a "permanent" arrangement ? Substitute acid-cored solder for the crazy glue, or better yet use a micro-flame torch and silver solder !

Regards,
Bryan - The Fuzzy Limey :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,245 Posts
That's neat, Fuzzy, thanks :t

I got Brookie's sight for the rear, but have been wanting the double ring since I shot it on my Mossberg 46B.

I'd sure love to have a look through your junk box, though, sounds like a treasure trove of nifty pieces-parts :eek: :D :D

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Junk boxes and other fun stuff ..... !

Hi Wolf,

Fascinating places to find ideas if you have a virile imagination - lol ! Unfortunately, with a neatnik missus, it's difficult these days to let them accumulate to their full potential !

You will find that Brookies ghost rings will work quite well with that front sight idea - just use one of the larger ones to get the right amount of "white" around the outside of the front aperture. There are tables on my Projects website to help you get the right sizes.

Regards,
Bryan - The Fuzzy Limey :rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.