Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to build MY ultimate plinker 10/22. I plan on mostly shooting pop cans, soup cans, maybe some steel spinner targets also. This will not be a benchrest type gun and i dont want to use a scope...just iron sights.
For the sights i want to go with a williams peep rear and a firesight front (they come in a set).....anyone have any suggestions or experience with these iron sights?
I want to change the stock as well. I've been thinking about a Houge OM, or a choate pistol grip (fixed buttstock, not a folder)....i've heard fairly good things about the hogue om's already...but are the Choate pistol grips any good? I just want it to fit the action and barrel nice and tight. And I like the feel of pistol grip rifles.
I dont want to go with a bull barrel, because then i cant keep my front sight. I'm keeping the barrel stock, adding a WK buffer, maybe a different hammer to lighten the trigger, and thats it. I want to keep this project relatively low budget, and still end up with something i can shoot pop cans with at 25, 50, 75 or 100 yds.
If anyone has any suggestions, opinions, ect. let me know.
thanks, Dave

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Send factory barrel to CPC, he can make it better for you with a barrel setback and shim, adds a bentz chamber and a recrown. I "think" he even hand laps the barrel. When you get it back a molly fushion treatment to the barrel wouldn't hurt anything either and It's pretty much guaranteed to shoot better.
He can also (if you desire) thread your receiver to the barrel making for an excellent fit.
just a thought
swampf0x

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi Dave,

The Choate pistol grip is a good fitting stock - it feels nice and solid too. Also, it's easy to open up for a bull barrel if you decided to go for one in the future.

John :t

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.