Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Mooch Factor

Hey!
You new NEOS owners are getting far more than $20 of free info. A store front gun hack is gonna nick ya at least $40, $60 if ya torque him off. Put that money into an RFC Membership, NOW!. We'll even discount the NSA initiation fee to boot. Tacotrd and n3480h are working on the hazing procedures - similar to crossing the equator. Buckelew has the pledge you must memorize and repeat (while shooting weak hand falling plates - hope you like quadratic equations ) before flegling NSA membership, oh and decoycarver has a wood project you must complete. And not forgetting safety, you must pass SpeedwayRN's latest CPR, Heimlich, Colonic and siren etiquette classes.

........Then there's RO school . . shop safety . .brass patrol . . . _

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Thanks and Welcome aboard SpeedwayRN,

Now let's see, you're an RFC member, professional body mender to the racing community, and a DIY gun tweaker. A fine resume' in my opinion. I suspect the pic prob is linked to membership. Also means you can post pics when that feature is enabled (Indy?). Did you get the spring thing fixed?

:t :t

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I put a similar spring in with two more coils added. I had one unintended double tap yesterday. Last night I finally got the sear out. Polished all 4 sides, polished the trigger transfer rod where it rubbed against the side of the ejector and polished the side of the ejector as well. Basically removed every pin, spring, part from the reciever. Know I know how EVERY part of this gun works. Polished everything that made sense to polish, lubed and reassembled. Shot 1.5 bricks to day not one intended double tap. Tried the Dynapoints, my Neos doesn't like them. Too man FTF. The best "bulk" ammo for me at this point is the Federal 550 bulk pack from wally world. Consistant, feed well and are accurate in my weapons.

I'm thinking that the stryker spring is a bit too stiff. When parts are availible I am going to get one and start "triming" Or might try another if I find a suitable replacement from the Machine Shop warehouse. Hummmmmmmmmmmmm Maybe I could get A.J. Foyt to fabricate a "special" Titianium, Kevlar re-enforced super secret spring? ;) Also am looking for a suitable Allen set screw to thread into the trigger to take out the creep. Is going to have to be very small.

Will be not be AT Indy, but will be with the IRL and NASCAR in Oct. When they come to Texas.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Probably a 4-40 set screw is the smallest available. I bet the transfer bar was the culprit, AWP101 had this prob. Brownells has springs, but you'll have to measure wire diameter and coil pitch to find a similar spring.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Could use a wire coat hanger or welding wire and fishing weights. Hospitals have accurate scales, measure and mark each weight. I'd get enough for 4 1/2 lbs. I was lucky to find a Hunter Force gauge that measures in ounces. I've seen a Lyman digital trigger gauge ($50) for near the same price I paid for the Hunter.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.