Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this up Saturday and the dealer could tell me nothing about it other than it's for a 10/22 with a .920 bbl. The scanner washed out the color some.

Stock

Forearm

Pistol Grip

Does this look familiar to anyone?:confused:

Thanks!:t

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Hmm....

You need to get ahold of TargetShooter2.

He's got a stock that looks almost exactly like that. (Atleast that's where I think I saw it.)

Anyways.....
Yellow and black = My favorite color combination

Wanna sell it? :)
Or maybe trade? :)

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
It could be a modified barracuda??

Mikey T??? Where are you... Do they make a laminate in yellow in black.?? My guess is if they did that Viper would own one. :)

Dean_311

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Viper said:
Yellow and black = My favorite color combination
Actually, it's orangish and black...like I said, the scanner washed it out so it looks almost yellow and dark grey.

Viper said:
Wanna sell it? :)
Or maybe trade? :)
Uh, no.:p

At least not until I find out whut I's done gots.:D

Thanks though.:D

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
awp101 said:

Uh, no.:p

At least not until I find out whut I's done gots.:D

Thanks though.:D
Bahhh... It aint worth nothin.... Its orange not yellow.

Now if it were yellow it might be something. It must be a defect. I wouldnt give much more than $25 for it.

Matter Fact TELL YA WHAT... Boy howdy, I am such a nice guy I would give you $30 for it just so your not worried about that hunk of crap... I need some kindling for the old stove.

Dean_311

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dean_311 said:
Matter Fact TELL YA WHAT... Boy howdy, I am such a nice guy I would give you $30 for it just so your not worried about that hunk of crap... I need some kindling for the old stove.
Well, it'd cost ya $130 in shipping though...:D

·
Registered
873 Posts
It's not a Barracuda. It looks like to me someone either modified a Fajen Silhouette, Blaster or someone else is making another spinoff of the two. I know that a fellow in Ca. did some conversions on some Fajens and Dakota does his conversions on the Blasters. A special color is not a problem if money is not an object. To order one sheet of the laminated material in a special color is expensive though. I have actually made one Barracuda in black and yellow and two different position rifle stocks in all yellow. Brrrrrrrright!!:D Hey I just noticed something!! All the smilies are yellow?????

Mikey T

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Too much wood there to be a Shark!

Do a search for The Zero Shark on Brownell's website for a pic. That was the stock I modeled my Warlock after, but I wanted more forearm length. Also the Shark's forend falls away FAST, and this one's got plenty of wood there.
I'm 99% sure it's a modified Blaster or Fajen, but it's in a rare color for Boyd's or Fajen.
Eitherhow, I didn't make it! Nice one though! Hang on to it! :D

FWIW! - Dakotan

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone!

Dakotan have no fear, it's a keeper.:D

If it is modified from another stock the person did a superb job. I would never have guessed it had been massaged.

I think my biggest question is if it looks better with blue or SS metal parts installed.

*sigh* if only my EBR stocks were this comfortable...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know who makes this stock. I have a blue and grey just like it. I t comes from a gentleman in Texas that custom makes these stocks. He has a websight crackshot22.com. If your interested in selling it let me know.
Travis

:D

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got a response last night.

It is one of Mr Powell's stocks and as he said:
"It was modified from a Fred Wening Stock, and he now makes them for me. That design is a combination of the back of mine and the front of a freinds. My factory rep. put them together. I also have the same buttstock with a cut down front similar to the one at www.crackshot22.com (the one in the picture is a proto-type)."

Very nice email, I believe I will need to contact him and see what other goodies he has.:D

Thanks again tezzlaman!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.