Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a decent (level ground, lack of kiddies and idiots) place to shoot in or near the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. I'm not opposed to joining a club, either, if its a good fit. Interested mainly in rimfire shooting, and a little friendly competition is never a bad thing!

Also, if you are from the Twin Cities and intersted in shooting with a partner, let me know!

Thanks!

-Pat

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Not in the Twin Cities, but been there.
Sorry dont know where to shoot.
I live about 4 hours away. :)

Dean_311

·
Registered
16 Posts
Last fall I drove by a place called the Anoka Gun Club, or something like that, I think it was in **** Rapids? Sign said open to the public. Does anyone know about this range?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Oakdale Gun Club...

actually located in Lake Elmo. http://www.oakdalegunclub.org/

I was a member for a few years in the early '90s, before I escaped the Metro. Great facilities, great folks. Lots of things to get involved with as you see fit, or just a safe place to shoot- you determine your level of involvement.

Only compulsory involvement was the work hours- I believe it's currently 18 hours/year. Goes pretty fast- work matches, clean up grounds, provide skilled labor, work as Range Officer during public shooting hours, etc. PLENTY of opportunities to work, so you can pick something you like to do.

Poke around the website, looks like there have been improvements to the club since I was a member.

The annual "Member's Picnic" used to be a fun time, not to be missed!

Good luck, I miss the club very much.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Minnetonka Game & Fish Club -- MN

Just northeast of Elk River, about 25 miles NW of the Twin Cities is the Minnetonka Game & Fish Club. We shoot IR50/50 matches, NBRSA matches and pistol and shotgun there.
I believe there is a waiting list to become a member, but it is a nice club, if you can get in.
Ray

·
Registered
492 Posts
I live in White Bear Lake and shoot at the "Bald Eagle Sportsmans Assoc." range just NE of WBL. 651-429-9874 Non member shooting is Sats. 10-5pm. $8/gun, out doors, 25-50-100yrd., sheltered sun/rain benches. They have BESA members that control the ranges for safe shooting... I believe they also have trap stuff that goes on too. Not a bad place I've shot there for years. Cheaper than Oakdale, I think they charge $15/gun..
Good shooting CraigJS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.