Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK SKI I now have a 22 MAG!! Found a nice 22 Mag 4" Rossi at the pawn shop! It fells good in my hand. Trigger pull in both single and double action as good as my S&Ws!
There is just one problem, I can not get it sighted in at 25 yards. I have adjusted the rear sight all the way down and I am still hitting about 4" high at 25 yards. Has anyone eve had this type of problem before??
It is a model M515. It has a white outline rear sight and a red insert ramped front sight. The front sight appears to be pinned in and replaceable.
Anyone have any ideas I have might not have tried?? Who caries replacement parts for a Rossi?
As a regular reader of this forum, Let me go ahead and say thank you for the usefull, educational, and friendly replies I know this post will recieve.

BTW, this is the first 22 MAG I ever shot! I already want another one with about a 20" barrel!!!!!!
Tninman

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I haven't done this on a Rossi but done a bunch of Smiths and the pinned on front blade can be exchanged for a different height in plain black ramp or flat blade for targets or another red ramp.....or the rear sight blade if it has adjustable sights similar to smiths can be exchanged for a different height......Brownells carries replacement front sights and I would guess that a Rossi dealer can get different sights front and rear-parts.......I have seen the front built up with colored epoxy such as accuraglass with the black dye and then dressed with a file to make the group zero at your desired range........HTH....good luck and good shooting....at the point of aim......!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.