Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thinking about getting a new scope for either the Mosquito or the Neos. The one on the Mosquito works well but is a bit long. It is a 2.5 X. I have a laser but I don't like it much. The red dot is OK but the scope is by far the easiest thing for me to see the target with. This scope will mostly be used at 25 yards and less. I might one day try it out at 50 yards but I don't see that as being something I would do much.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Oh yes, I didn't plan to pay more for a scope than I did for the gun new. My old eyes just need some help.

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
Check out this high quality Weaver, LOW Japan made, 2X scope for $99, at Natchez. 8.4 inches long, 6.7 oz, duplex reticle, eyerelief= 14-29 inches, a huge 120 MOA adjustment range, FOV = 21 ft @ 100 yards (i.e. about 4 degrees).

PS: The field of view on all hand gun scopes is tiny. It is my biggest grip about them and is reason I have not bought one. If you plan to use one, get as low a power as possible, otherwise it is like looking through a straw. My 8X binoculars are 6 degrees, and this 2X handgun scope is only 4 degree! Weaver rimfire 4x rifle scopes are 22 feet @ 100 yards (4.2 degrees).

The Weaver 4X hand gun is a tiny 8.29 ft @ 100 yards ( 1.6 degree). I have looked through 32X telescopes with FOV of that size!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was hoping to find a scope shorter than 8". The one I have on the Mosquito is about 8 1/2" overall length. Is there a shorter one for a good price that works fairly well? If not then I will have to check into Natchez to see if they have the Weaver.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.