Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a Choate fixed stock pistol grip. the takedown screw hole is just plastic, no brass sleave. Do I try to take out the brass sleave in my factory stock and replace it into the Choate one? Should I place a thin washer between the stock and the takedown screw? Finaly does the barrel band that comes with it need to be on? The stock very very tight. If I dont tighten down the beding screw, the barrel wants to lift off the presure point.

· Registered
186 Posts
Do I try to take out the brass sleave in my factory stock and replace it into the Choate one? Should I place a thin washer between the stock and the takedown screw?
gregarat,

I didnt want to remove the brass sleave in the factory stock in fear that I might damage the stock in doing so. I just tryed it first without anything to see if there would be a problem and it didnt seem to hurt anything. I cant see how it would hurt anything either way to add a washer or sleave of some kind. If you decide to go in that direction though, I would recommend that you get a replacement brass sleave and insert it into the stock. good luck and enjoy! ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.