Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Pictures, I like lots of pictures!

1975 Views 38 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  rsv1mos
I always see questions on how to post pictures to a web site. If I can do it, anybody can do it. :p First you have to have pictures, of your new 1873 Winchester, your favorite S&Ws, your garden, your dog or cat or anything else you have an interest in. Most people can get these pictures to their hard drive and can manage to e-mail them, but have a problem getting them on the sites. I save my pictures to different files in the "My pictures" feature in my computer. As I take and save these pictures, I size them to approximately 400X600 pixels with one of several picture editing programs available. My favorite is the one that came with my Canon printer. Sizing them as you save them makes them the right size for web site posting and won't stretch the screen. Now you've got a whole bunch of pictures that I want to see, so you're going to have to have a picture hosting site. There are several free ones available such as Photobucket and even your ISP will sometimes host some pictures. I use Fototime, it's $25.00 a year, but it has lots of space and is easy for me to use. After you have decided which picture hosting service you are going to use, you will have to upload your pictures from your computer to the hosting site. When you have you're pictures all uploaded to the host site they will usually show as thumbnails. With Fototime, I can just click on a thumbnail and it will show that particular picture as full size. Once you have got to that point, you can right click on the picture address bar an then right click copy. Come back to the web site you want the picture on and follow their directions on inserting a picture. On RFC you simply click on the little yellow box with the mountain in it then put your cursor in the bar that says insert image and right click getting the message "paste", then right click paste. YOU SHOULD HAVE A PICTURE!

Come on, I know you can do it. :rolleyes:

I want to see that 1873 and just about anything else some of you have.
I'm a picture junkie, I like lots of pictures. I'm even on 56K dial up, but I don't mind waiting on a reasonable download.

Posting pictures is not difficult, typing is difficult. :(

:bonk:
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, that's what I'm talking about. This guy knows how to do i right. Being able to take as nice of pictures as Rembrandt is one of my life goals. He takes excellent pictures of beautiful firearms. :t

Now we await Bolsen2's pictures. I know he can do this thing. :beerchug:

69 dual sight with Winchester 5A scope

· Registered
602 Posts
Hi Wundudnee,

Love that kittycat! Such a handsome guy he is. Beautiful eyes. Don't know how you got him to put up with the spectacles. We have 4 kittys of our own and love every one of them. Appreciate your explanation of how to do pictures, but I don't think I could do it without a person holding my hand EVERY LITTLE STEP OF THE WAY. I will, however, save your explanation for future reference.

Hossfeathers

· Registered
5,438 Posts
A pic from the BWCA this spring.

A pic out in the woods this spring looking for shrooms.

· Registered
5,438 Posts
wundudnee said:
Great pictures of beautiful firearms folks. And AK, I just can't imagine how pretty that sunset was in person.

I really love pictures! :t
It just don't get any better than sitting in my old 14' flatbottom fishing for Smallmouth bass when the sun starts to set. :)

· Registered
5,438 Posts
Sunset in BWCA

One of the biggest snappers I have seen

Smallie right at dusk

Couple of trout

· Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
AK,
Here is a picture of the sunset out my front door here in NE Ks., looking SW early this spring. There is a small creek down on the tree line, but no lake. ;) Our lake is about a mile away. It's Perry Lake, a Corp of Engineers lake about 10 miles long. Good Crappie and Channel Cat fishing.

This is looking NW from my barn. The berm at the bottom of the slope is right at 100 yards.

· Registered
5,438 Posts
That pic with the American Flag is great. :t It's also nice to know that I am not the only one that likes to mow his shooting lane. :D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.