Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
very nice ! what scope do you have on there ? be sure to post some groups when you can .
Thanks to all for the compliments. The scope is a Redfield 6x18x40AO that came on a used rifle that I bought several years ago. The rifle it came on has long since gone, but I've kept the scope. It's really a pretty nice scope, but not ideal on a rimfire as the minimum parallex setting is 50 yards, and the reticle is a little course, but it will fill the bill until I get something better on it.
As far as trading the Remington 504 goes, I really like them, and I have one in 17M2 that is a keeper, but the one in 22lr that I traded off was just to tempermental for me. Just couldn't get the consistency out of it. Anyway, I agree that this Kimber is not a BR rifle, but it really suits the kind of shooting that I do, and I plan to never get rid of it.:bthumb:

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One more question for some of the Kimber gurus. This rifle has a red butt pad, and everything I've seen in the recent Kimber literature shows black. I'm just wondering about when the rifle was built? It has a serial # of KA130XX. It came with the test target in the box which states 03/29, but doesn't give the year. Just curious. Thanks for any input.:)

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One more question for some of the Kimber gurus. This rifle has a red butt pad, and everything I've seen in the recent Kimber literature shows black. I'm just wondering about when the rifle was built? It has a serial # of KA130XX. It came with the test target in the box which states 03/29, but doesn't give the year. Just curious. Thanks for any input.:)
Please disregard this request. I called their custom shop and obtained the date that it left the factory. Thanks:)

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
very nice ! what scope do you have on there ? be sure to post some groups when you can .
Well, I finally got a chance to dial the scope in. Shot from my backyard range which is about 40 yards. I'm definitely not a BR shooter, shoot mostly steel targets and such. I have the trigger at just under 2 lbs, and I can sure see that a lighter trigger would be a plus. The group below is certainly nothing to brag about at all, but considering that I was using bulk Remington Golden bullets, I think that it shows some promise with better ammunition and lighter trigger. Also, a better shooter would help!:D :D
I also included a photo of the test target sent with rifle.

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Wow, what a coincidence! Looks like yours shot a better test target than mine, I'm jealous. I called Kimber custom shop and they told me that mine was shipped on 03/31/05, and that it had never been returned for any service. That's about all the information they will give you, but I was glad to get that much info. I just love the one I got, I couldn't be happier with it. Have you had yours very long?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.