Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Kimber

The photos are great and this is a classic American sporter if there ever was one. They may not be the most accurate rifle made but nothing is more pleasing to the eye. Don't get rid of it!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Nice

Amazing how some of the Hunters look like they used canoe paddles for stocks and some are pretty nice like yours. Most of my interest lies in Oregon rifles but I own a SVT and HS and consider them the equal of anything I have, especially in accuracy. Turning your 504 into a Kimber borders on magic when thinking back on the horrors I had with one. Ya done good!

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
very nice ! what scope do you have on there ? be sure to post some groups when you can .
Thanks to all for the compliments. The scope is a Redfield 6x18x40AO that came on a used rifle that I bought several years ago. The rifle it came on has long since gone, but I've kept the scope. It's really a pretty nice scope, but not ideal on a rimfire as the minimum parallex setting is 50 yards, and the reticle is a little course, but it will fill the bill until I get something better on it.
As far as trading the Remington 504 goes, I really like them, and I have one in 17M2 that is a keeper, but the one in 22lr that I traded off was just to tempermental for me. Just couldn't get the consistency out of it. Anyway, I agree that this Kimber is not a BR rifle, but it really suits the kind of shooting that I do, and I plan to never get rid of it.:bthumb:

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One more question for some of the Kimber gurus. This rifle has a red butt pad, and everything I've seen in the recent Kimber literature shows black. I'm just wondering about when the rifle was built? It has a serial # of KA130XX. It came with the test target in the box which states 03/29, but doesn't give the year. Just curious. Thanks for any input.:)

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One more question for some of the Kimber gurus. This rifle has a red butt pad, and everything I've seen in the recent Kimber literature shows black. I'm just wondering about when the rifle was built? It has a serial # of KA130XX. It came with the test target in the box which states 03/29, but doesn't give the year. Just curious. Thanks for any input.:)
Please disregard this request. I called their custom shop and obtained the date that it left the factory. Thanks:)

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
very nice ! what scope do you have on there ? be sure to post some groups when you can .
Well, I finally got a chance to dial the scope in. Shot from my backyard range which is about 40 yards. I'm definitely not a BR shooter, shoot mostly steel targets and such. I have the trigger at just under 2 lbs, and I can sure see that a lighter trigger would be a plus. The group below is certainly nothing to brag about at all, but considering that I was using bulk Remington Golden bullets, I think that it shows some promise with better ammunition and lighter trigger. Also, a better shooter would help!:D :D
I also included a photo of the test target sent with rifle.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Wow, what a coincidence! Looks like yours shot a better test target than mine, I'm jealous. I called Kimber custom shop and they told me that mine was shipped on 03/31/05, and that it had never been returned for any service. That's about all the information they will give you, but I was glad to get that much info. I just love the one I got, I couldn't be happier with it. Have you had yours very long?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Wow, what a coincidence! Looks like yours shot a better test target than mine, I'm jealous. I called Kimber custom shop and they told me that mine was shipped on 03/31/05, and that it had never been returned for any service. That's about all the information they will give you, but I was glad to get that much info. I just love the one I got, I couldn't be happier with it. Have you had yours very long?
I got mine in February of this year. GunsAmerica. A guy up in Minnesota. Its my favorite rifle. And if I have to make sure I am going to kill something its the first one I pick up. Test targets are just that. A test. Your groups with junk ammo looked pretty **** good. For cheap ammo, mine likes Auto Match. SK Standard Plus has shot the best so far. I havent done a thing to mine other than scope it and shoot it and .clean it. I like sporters, the K-22 is a great rimfire sporter in my book.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.